This is a unique opportunity to work closely with the chairman at Intellidex on research projects in financial services and capital markets in South Africa.
The senior research assistant position allows for considerable career development in advanced research in financial markets, development policy, and a diverse range of other topics from philanthropy to behavioural finance.
Job responsibilities and tasks will include:
- Desktop research and data gathering
- Interviews with research subjects
- Literature reviews
- Coordinating with other team members to obtain research input
- Writing up outputs and reports
- Contributing to proposals for new projects
- Other tasks include:
- Communicating and interacting with internal team members
- Managing correspondence with clients and research subjects
- Coordinating company and client meetings and related documents
- Travel and meetings arrangements
Requirements for the role:
- A research degree in social sciences or related fields. Preferably at master’s or PhD level in economics, politics, philosophy, finance or similar
- High level of numeracy with some mathematics or statistics training at tertiary level
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a research role at a think tank, consulting or financial services firm
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Excellent presentation skills including ability to present to an audience
- Proactive can-do attitude, able to get on with the role without close supervision
- Able to travel internationally on occasion
Intellidex offers a unique environment that draws together top academic skills, financial markets research and insight on South Africa’s policy development. We work with financial institutions and companies, as well as domestic and international policy-makers to improve outcomes for all South Africans. Intellidex is well-recognised for high quality research and you will become a core part of a highly skilled team, providing significant learning opportunities to advance your career.
Our standards are high. You will be working with MBAs, CFA charterholders and PhDs on our team to ensure that Intellidex delivers high levels of client satisfaction and responds dynamically to new business opportunities.
The role would be based either in Sandton or London. Working hours and location can be flexible including working from home to some extent but must have flexibility to be available at all hours when necessary.
Career progression is possible into project and research leadership roles.
Applicants must be prepared to take a numeracy and writing test.
If you are interested in the position, please complete the form below, including a covering letter in which you show your experience meets the requirements listed above. There is no deadline for applications, but the role will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.