The purpose of the project manager is to oversee and deliver on the project management of Intellidex research. Responsibilities include delivering every project on time, within budget and scope.
Please provide a covering letter detailing how your qualifications and experience fit the requirements outlined below and a CV.
- About Intellidex
Intellidex is a research-led consulting house focused on capital markets and financial services. We provide investment research, political economy analysis, financial services market analysis, social economy research including impact investing, and strategy research.
Most of our work is commissioned by major financial services companies, global multilaterals and investors, and sometimes our research leads to highly influential publications. We believe in having an impact in our markets by providing the insights necessary to make capital markets and financial systems work better for society. Our research has ranged from the impact of charitable foundations to advising on investment strategies of global hedge funds.
We offer a small company environment in which you will have considerable latitude to shape your role. We will construct a compensation package with suitable incentives linked to performance for the right candidate. We believe in developing our talent and ensuring significant career development opportunities.
Our standards are high. You will be working with MBAs, CFA charterholders and PhDs on our team to ensure that Intellidex delivers high levels of client satisfaction and responds dynamically to new business opportunities.
- Role Purpose
The Project Manager
- will manage and organise assigned projects at Intellidex, delivering every project on time within budget and scope
- is skilled at creating an enabling environment for the team to deliver their best
- deeply understands the work being done by the team and can help the team optimise their delivery flow
- understands the particular needs of research projects as creative processes
- will schedule the needed resources (both human and logistical) for planning, execution and retrospective review meetings
- looks to resolve impediments and distractions for the team, insulating them from external disruptions whenever possible
- Role Positioning
The role reports to the Operations Manager.
- run internal and external project meetings
- coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- maintain excellent working relationships with staff and other contributors ensuring they are focused and motivated
- ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget
- develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders
- ensure resource availability and allocation
- develop a detailed project plan and track progress against it
- use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques
- report and escalate to management as needed
- perform risk management to minimise project risks
- create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Qualifications & Experience
- Master’s or at least Hons degree in social sciences Proven working experience as a project manager in a research environment, including academic, think tank, consulting, or inhouse strategy or market research teams, with a minimum of three years’ experience
- Six Sigma / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Financial services experience a plus but not essential
- Agile development experience a plus
- Comfort in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Should have a background in business skills, management, budgeting, and analysis
Closing Date: 31 May 2022