Are you an experienced at managing large sets of data? Can you tame any spreadsheet and draw insights from it?
Come and join the Intellidex team as a key member of our projects and capital markets divisions making a vital contribution to our work to have a high impact in our societies.
The Data Analyst will play an important role in supporting both our capital markets research team and data-intensive projects. The data will be a mix of financial markets data, market research data, and sets of economic data. Your task will be to manipulate the data to produce insights we will share with clients.
The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find insights and opportunities to enable business growth for our clients. We are looking for a detail oriented, problem-solver who has proven capability to deliver business insights drawn from data.
Qualifications & Experience
Essential requirements (please do not apply if you do not meet these requirements as your application will not be considered):
- At least three years in a support function in research, working intensively with Excel spreadsheets (this could include working with company financial data or in an equity research setting).
- At least an Honours degree in accounting, statistics, econometrics or other quantitative field.
- Outstanding Excel skills from basic functions (e.g. pivot tables) through to entry level macro programming.
Desirable requirements (candidates who also meet these requirements will be preferred):
- Able to produce graphs, tables and other visual representations of data in an insightful and meaningful way.
- Experience using statistical data analysis software (such as STATA) would be an advantage
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
The role reports to the director of strategy, but will also have work allocated from the capital markets research team.
- Act as primary custodian of research data in our business
- Support the research teams by ensuring data integrity and quality and delivering insights, graphs and other outputs
- Work with team members to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive business solutions for our clients
- Mine and analyse data from primary research or existing data sets
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyse model performance and data accuracy
Intellidex is a research-led consulting house focused on capital markets and financial services. We provide investment research, political economy analysis, financial services market analysis, social economy research including impact investing, and strategy research.
Most of our work is commissioned by major financial services companies, global multilaterals and investors, and sometimes our research leads to highly influential publications. We believe in having an impact in our markets by providing the insights necessary to make capital markets and financial systems work better for society. Our research has ranged from the impact of charitable foundations to advising on investment strategies of global hedge funds.
We offer a small company environment in which you will have considerable latitude to shape your role. We will construct a compensation package with suitable incentives linked to performance for the right candidate. We believe in developing our talent and ensuring significant career development opportunities.
Our standards are high. You will be working with MBAs, CFA charterholders and PhDs on our team to ensure that Intellidex delivers high levels of client satisfaction and responds dynamically to new business opportunities.
If you are interested in the position, please send a CV and covering letter in which you explain how you meet the specified experience requirements above, using the form below. Applications must be received by 5 March 2022 to be considered.